Thursday 21 November 2013

My post to awriterofhistory

See http://awriterofhistory.com/2013/11/19/2013-reader-survey-a-peek-at-the-comments/ for list

A timely list as I have just finished reading ‘The Misbegotten’ by Katherine Webb. Some good historical background in Bath England, in wars with Spain and issues of social class and women’s place in the early 1800′s. How does the book compare with the list above? … Full bodied after a slow start to first third, good characters, clarity on story and facts, swept back in time ( give me modern facilities, comforts and food anytime) romance – yes I suppose so, sex – historic perspective … a good read. Some useful notes for writers at the end of the book. Nice to know that Katherine, like me, has awful writing and cannot read her notes! Best wishes with the continued searching and sorting. 

Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment